This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi! I'm coming from Highrise, where I can forward or BCC emails to a catchall address and they will automatically be associated with a contact (or will create a new contact if they don't exist yet). I've set up an on-prem version of Odoo, but the documentation doesn't specify how to get this functionality in place.

I have a catchall set up for incoming mails, but I don't know what to put in the "Action to Perform on Incoming Emails" area. If I put "Email Thread", I get a database error: "relation "mail_thread" does not exist" If I use "Message", I get a different error: "model mail.message does not accept document creation". What should I use?

I'm on version 13.0.

Discard
Author

I should perhaps clarify something: I want to be able to send an email from Outlook/Gmail with the catchall address BCC'd and have that email attached to a contact in Odoo. I don't want to be forced to send within Odoo.

Were you able to to this? I'm trying to do the same

Author

Nope, I didn't get it figured out, and I ended up switching off Odoo to a different app. I still had to patch/build this functionality in, but the dev docs were better and I was able to get a few hints from the community.