This question has been flagged
1 Reply

It happens that emails sent via an Odoo SaaS or Odoo.sh database are considered as spam. How can we mitigate that risk?

Discard
Author Best Answer

If you are using your own domain for emails (using an address myself@mycompany.com and you own the "mycompany.com" domain), you should always consider to update your DNS records in order to be SPF compliant and allow DKIM.

See

https://www.odoo.com/documentation/15.0/applications/general/email_communication/email_domain.html#be-spf-compliant

Note that with some providers you have to add a dot '.' at the end of the value for the DKIM to prevent the provider to automatically append '.yourdomain.com'

Once the setup is done, wait for a couple of hours for the propagation and then test it. One easy way to test it is to create a Contact in your database with one of your gmail addresses, to send a message from the chatter of that contact. Then, in gmail, you show the original message and you check that both SPF and DKIM have status 'PASS':

and you should see:

Discard

I don't see where to get the odoo saas DKIM public key that will be used for sending mail for my domain.

Author

The link to the documentation was updated as it was somewhat broken (not pointing to the right page anymore)