Help

Form Builder - how to identify which form was used

Marius Pana

Hi,

We use several forms, designed by the form builder, across two websites hosted on our odoo v14 instance. We use the send an email action when the form is submitted.

We receive the emails just fine, with the completed fields however we realised that all emails from the form builder look the same and we cannot identify which form from which site was actually submitted.

This causes problems since we book demos for different products on different sites/pages. It is not the same form! We use different forms but the fields are almost always the same.

We tried adding hidden fields with some custom placeholder text but these do not show up in the email. We thought about adding some dropdowns but this seems overkill just to be able to identify which form was submitted.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the forms to display some extra details (either a custom text we decide or maybe the page name it was submitted from)?

We are not looking for  custom development, xml/qweb vodoo :) or similar. If it is not odoo standard behaviour we'd rather avoid using it (we' just had major burnout upgrading and all custom modules/apps had to be either updated/redeveloped/etc. and are weary of doing this again).

Thanks!

Marius

Discard
1 Answer
Krys.Raj
Best Answer

Hello Markus, i have noticed your problem...

In my spare time I have written a simple module solving your issue, as you said, you do not want to bother with xml/qweb and coding. Unfortunately there is no clean possibility to do it with form builder, but this simple module will solve your case. It injects  website name and website url into the email content header. So you will instantly recognise where did the email come from.

Some preview what it does...

Link to bigger version of this gif

Please if it solves your issue, vote + 1 👍 and mark my answer as the best one ✅.
In the description of this module you will also find links to buy a lollypop for my daughter👶 if you if apreciate my work of course 🤗.

Link to the download (from the official odoo app store) of course, ver. 14 (15 is also there)
https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/14.0/website_form_extended_info/
note: copy and paste the link into you browser, odoo forum blocks redirection when clicked

Have a nice day, and enjoy your Odoo :)

3 Comments
Discard
Marius Pana
-

Thanks Raj, while it does not fit my requirement it does solve the issue. It is sad that the Form Builder is limited in this way, we should at least be able to add hidden inputs and those should show up .. .anyway, thanks for the reply and the app.

How much does a lollypo cost these days?

Krys.Raj
-
It's a cheap thing :) feel free to decide yourself,
I am glad it is at least solving the issue.

The problem is that the hidden field is not displayed in the template, if this will meet your requirement I can try to modify it so,
whenever you add your hidden field, it will also be displayed in the template - I think this would meet your requirements.

On Nov 25 2021, at 1:26 pm, Marius Pana <mp@spearhead.systems> wrote:

Thanks Raj, while it does not fit my requirement it does solve the issue. It is sad that the Form Builder is limited in this way, we should at least be able to add hidden inputs and those should show up .. .anyway, thanks for the reply and the app.

How much does a lollypo cost these days?
Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo.
Sent from Mailspring
Marius Pana
-

I finally got around to testing however I am unable to get things to work. I installed directly from the UI, the app show-up in the list of installed apps but the contact forms behave the same.

I created a new form as well just in case but still not additional details in our emails.

Thanks,
Marius