This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I have added 3 new file type fields and 1 text type field to a SO. I want to be able to load only PDF files to 2 of those fields, but don't know how how to set up with Studio or Python. When Invoicing, I would like to merge this 2 files with the invoice and save it on the third field added. Is this possible via automated actions? I've seen code using pyPDF2, but don't know how to make it work inside an Action. The name of the file should come from a text field.

I would really appreciate your assistance.

from PyPDF2 import PdfFileMerger, PdfFileReader

[...]

merger = PdfFileMerger()
for filename in filenames:
    merger.append(PdfFileReader(file(filename, 'rb')))

merger.write("document-output.pdf")
Discard
Best Answer

Sorry. could only find a partial solution. For only being able to add PDF files, I chose the PDF viewer widget. I don't like to take so much space from screen but at least it does the job. In order to merge the files, I could not find a solution to get it done with Studio / Automates Actions / Server Actions. Seems that I will need to hire someone to do it, what I was trying to avoid paying for Studio... For the time being, this part of the proyect is on pause. If you find a way to make this happen, I would really appreciate you telling me.  Best regards.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi busch did you solve this?

how did you solve that can you please tell me i am also struggling with this.

Discard