This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi,

I'm using automated action with python code.

In some cases, I want to return another action (server action), for example

if test==true:

do_stuff

else:

action = {...}

The last line is causing me trouble.

The help says "To return an action, assign: action = {...}" but I can't figure out the correct syntax.

any help?

Thanks

Discard
Author

Thanks for the link, but I already search it and I didn't find the answer to my question...

Author Best Answer

Here is the code to use : 

action = {  "type": "ir.actions.server", "id": 524, }

This will trigger the action 524. You may find action id in the adress bar of the web browser in Odoo UI.

Discard

This is a helpful answer, but I don't think you can find the ID of the Server Action from the address bar (though it certainly works for Windows Actions). So you would need to find the Server Action you want to run and check for its ID).

Author

Yes, you have the id for server action while in debug mode : go to settings/Technical/Actions/Server Action, then edit your action.

In the adress bar, the id of the action is displayed with "id=524" somewhere in the adress.

OK, I misunderstood your explanation - that is one way to get the ID of the Server Action.

Good Day Hargos,

I would like to thank you for your answer.

I've tried this code inside the automated action (Execute Python Code) it's not triggering .. DO you have any idea what should I change to make it workable.

Thanks in advance.