This question has been flagged
1 Reply

After a couple of weeks of testing the platform we are thinking on buying one month for one user Enterprise version. The website states:

• Access to packaged modules to install in one click
  • Automated updates to minor bugfix release
  • Upgrade to future versions to benefit from new features
  • Unlimited bugfix guarantee
  • Functional Support: 2 hours
  • Hosting included if you choose to use online

Specifically the points Unlimited bugfix guarantee and the Functional Support: 2 hours.

How much time since we report a bug and it is corrected? I understand it depends on how difficult to correct the bug is or how much does it affects the correct functioning of the platform and how much relation it can have with other modules. But nevertheless, I'm asking to have some information about how quick bugs can be corrected.

And for the functional support: 2hrs. Is this related with configuration issues and alike? I don't understand exactly what does this point referst to. And the 2hrs are x day, x month, x user?

Discard

Maybe you can ask an OpenERP SA representative to respond on your buying signals? And respond in the answer block.

Author

Asked week ago, no answer yet.

Best Answer

I can answer this based on my experience with enterprise contracts sold by my company during 2012:

Unlimited bugfix guarantee:

The shortest bug fix came 24 hours after our email reporting it. The longest took about 10 weeks. On average, it takes about a week. It usually takes 24-72 hours to get a ticket assigned to someone. The time it takes to fully resolve a bug - this does depend on how clear the bug report is, how easy it is to replicate the problem, how detailed the fix is (for the most difficult bugs, we've been given profiling code to test and/or several patches that fix the bug in stages) and, lastly, how busy the support teams are.

Note: OpenERP does not automatically agree that every bug you log is a bug that is generic enough to affect most customers is most parts of the world - but I have found almost all of their decisions to be fair and well justified.

Functional Support: 2 hours.

When something is not a bug, or if you need a code example or other help on 'how' to use the software (including configuration), they will quote you the number of hours and you have the option to use them up.

The two hours is for each contract. It doesn't matter how many users you have, you get two hours a year.

Discard

Are not unlimited migrations to new versions also included?

Yes - all new versions while the contract is active. This includes as many migration 'tests' to successfully migrate as needed. All of this is for a single database.

Good Info. Thanks