This question has been flagged

In Odoo, we select the document layout in the Settings and this layout is applied to all documents at once. However, there may be several layouts and not all users will be able to change the layout in order to print the document.

I am interested in the ability to either immediately select a layout when we create a document (Either through code or through Studio) or select a layout when we press the print button.

As I understand it, Odoo does not have such a built-in function and most likely there is no ready-made solution.

I can't think of how this can be implemented - please сan you tell me in which direction to move?

I will share my progress in the comments.

Discard
Best Answer

The external layout has more or less the same function as the pre-printed letter paper of the old days, you don't change that arbitrarily. You may want to think about adapting a layout to your needs and you may want to consider to move formatting and content between the external layout and the corresponding document (most probably reduce the external layout to make it as generic as necessary).

Discard