This question has been flagged
6 Replies

Hi ! I can't figure out how I can set the invoice numbering to be as : "invoice-ddMM-CUSTCODEXX-invoicenumber", where : dd : day number MM : month number CUSTCODe : a customer code (Reference) XX : the invoice number for that customer invoicenumber : the invoice number

In accounting setup I already try to configure the pattern "INVOICE-(%day)(%month)", but didn't work...

Do I have to create a sales journal for each customer ?

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance

Discard
Best Answer

You can change the formatting of any sequence.

This includes Purchase Orders, Sales Orders, Delivery Orders, Manufacturing Orders, Invoices, etc.

Do this via the menu sequence Settings -> Technical -> Sequences and Identifiers -> Sequences

For Invoices via the Sales Journal, you will see the following when you open the relevant record:

image description

You can see that the only things you can incorporate into a sequence this way are:

1. Fixed or date/time based prefix characters
  2. Fixed or date/time based suffix characters
  3. The total number of numerals in the number (padding) ie: 001 or 000001
  4. The increment used for the next number in the sequence
  5. The next number used for the numeric part of the sequence
  6. Whether to allow gaps in the sequence

You can see at the bottom the format for various components of the data and time.

Including a customer reference number can't be done this way - you need customization.

Discard

Hi, do you know how to do this but with code? I've created a new module that inherit invoices and add a few fields, and I needed that when I install my module the Invoice sequence "Number padding" change to 8... Thanks

You would create a module that changes the above sequence with an XML record tag. https://doc.openerp.com/5.0/developer/5_16_data_serialization/xml_serialization/

Hi @Ray Carnes: I want to initialize the invoice number every month. How can I do that ?

Changing Invoice Number via the Sequence is not available in Odoo 14. any suggestions?

Best Answer

Does anyone know, for invoice numbers, is "Current year" the calendar year of fiscal year?

Discard
Best Answer

un bonne ressource pour le changement de numérotation ici en français [object Promise]

Discard
Best Answer

Setting  then select activate Developer mode 

then Technical next Sequence and identifier next  select sequence next  select sales.order next  select Edit button next  change sequence number 

Deactivate Developer mode

Discard
Best Answer

Is there any way that I can add a contract number with auto sequence to the Fleet Management module? Thanks!

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

Number invoice-ddMM-CUSTCODEXX-invoicenumber you can not generate it even by expressions python.

so we must create a module to generate the invoice numbering.

Thank You.

Discard
Author

Okay, but, where can I change the invoice sequence format ?

Author

For exemple switch from "SAJ/2013/001" to "INV-052013-001" ?

Settings>>Accounting . Next invoice number for Customer and Supplier

Hiii, even i have a similar doubt but i want to create a number sequence for my proforma invoice to track it, can anyone please help me?