This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Manufacturing order without Bill of Materials, Is there any option for this.

I don't want to create any BOM but i want manufacturing order flow.

Discard

Hi Subbarao,

I also studies on this, but it's not possible. It's helpful for some industries who only process the material or finish products and they get row materials from partners so no need to create BOM. In this case it's need to create MO without BOM.

If there is no change to the product (state or value) then you could create an "Inventory Operation" and incorporate in the product route. That would allow for tracking and managing the operation and be triggered automatically.

Eg a cleaning or waxing a car (no change to product) prior to delivering to customer, could flow as

Pull from WH/Stock to WH/Cleaning Area with operation type "Cleaning"
Pull from WH/Cleaning Area to Partner Location/Customer operation type 'Delivery Order"

Best Answer

Hello,

This Flexibility (Able to create MO without the need of BOM) has been provided to the user from odoo 14.

Regards

Discard

True, you can manually create a MO in draft state without providing a BOM. It also does allow confirmation and completion of MO by providing the product itself as the component, which seems to be the use case here.

However, without a BOM the replenishment routes (Manufacture or MTO) aren't triggered. It also doesn't allow a BOM to be created for a product where the component is the product itself.

This certainly seems to be beneficial option if the need is to track the operation similar to manufacturing (i.e break-up into work orders, assign work center, track time etc), but will have to be created manually.

Hello Jaideep,
"without a BOM the replenishment routes (Manufacture or MTO) aren't triggered"
-> Indeed, it will be improved in v15 :), here is the video : https://youtu.be/GRXfVC9QSW4