This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I tried creating a simple BOM with different materials that were to be consumed in different operations and ran an MO. I completed some of the work orders but my on-hand inventory was never updated for the materials consumed in those operations. I had to complete the entire MO and "mark as done" in order for on-hand inventory to be updated. 

I am assuming that Odoo is configurable so that the materials designated to be consumed in an operation actually post through as consumed to inventory (reduce the on-hand quantity) when the operations are completed. It doesn't seem that the MO would have to be entirely completed for this to take place. Is this a settings issue on my end? What do I need to do?

Discard

we are having the same problem.  in fact no matter what work order you use when you specify on the top of the work order that you have made 1 out of 5 this seems to be on any WO in the MO and relates to making actual finished goods.  How can this be , surely you only make the finished good after the last operation?

Same issue on Odoo-14e

Even if Bom list shows component has been consumed. No wh moving made. After MO has been mark done, components consumed from WH
Bug?

Best Answer

I don't know if I'm stepping in too late but...

You have to enable multi-step routes in the inventory module configuration. Then in each warehouse you can set routes for shipments and resupply. Multi-step manufacture makes the stock moves you are looking for.

In 1 step production components are moved from WH/Stock to Virtual Locations/Production and as you found out there's no real stock move until MO is closed.

In 2 steps production components are moved from WH/Stock to WH/Preproduction before production

In 3 steps production a WH/Post Production location is added for the finished goods after production and before WH/Stock.

Beware, 2 and 3 steps production stock moves have to be validated manually. You can manage them from within the MO itself or from the Inventory app.

Discard
Best Answer

I came to the conclusion that "consumed in operation" just means that is where the user records what they used. It still doesn't get removed from inventory until the MO is closed. 

The same happens if you aren't using flexible consumption. It doesn't remove it from inventory until the MO is closed, you just don't get to tell the system exactly how much you used. It assumes you used exactly what the BoM indicated.

Discard
Best Answer

It should work if you define the components as being consumed in the operation:

Discard
Author

Posting this in the correct place - sorry about that (I'm new to the forum)

I have tried this and it still doesn't work for me. Even when I assign operations for consumption to specific materials on the BOM it doesn't relieve the inventory when the respective operation is completed. When the MO is confirmed, inventory correctly shows quantity on hand and the forecasted quantity (based on the BOM materials). The only way I have been able to update inventory quantity on hand is to Mark as Done MO.

Even when I complete an operation and then MANUALLY consume the materials it doesn't update the inventory quantity on hand. When I completed the operation where this material was set to consume, I clicked on the "more options" link to the right and it opened up the Detailed Operations window. In this window I even manually typed in the Done quantity. After doing this the MO even shows that material is consumed. However, it still doesn't update the inventory quantity on hand but still shows the forecasted decreased quantity.

What is the trigger point for updating the quantity on hand in the Inventory module?

I'm sure this must be some sort of settings issue on my end or something isn't set up correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

further to this on the work order screen it usually has x of y to enter how many have been made but this appears on all WO's in an MO. Surely this only appear on the last operation when the finished good is finally made?