This question has been flagged

Hi Odooers,

Let's say I have validated stock picking for 100 Product A from a vendor. Afterwards, I later found out that there is 15 Product A were not conformed to our standard, and I need to return 15 stocks of Product A to the vendor and get 15 NEW stocks from vendor.

What is the recommended way to do this? 

ATM, when I clicked on "Return" button on the stock operation form, and validated the returned 15 to vendor. There is no new incoming stock picking receipt for the 15 new Product A.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Garry,

Yes, you are right. Odoo's standard module does not have functionality to create a new shipment when something is returned. You would need to develop this functionality in custom module.

Discard
Author

Hi Sudhir,

Thank you for the reply.

Why it is the case that Odoo standard module doesn't have this functionality? It seems many companies dealing with suppliers will have this situation

Is there some business logic that I am missing that is why Odoo don't provide?

Also, I couldn't find any third party module, either or paid, that is able to solve this situation.

Do you know any third party module?

Author

Has any other Odooers in this same situation and can provide a solution with or without an existing custom module?

Best Answer

you can folow next step for odoo 12

1. edit receipt and instead of 100 put 85. 

2. if you still want the products create backorder - in not select no backorder

3. send the 15 defective products back to supplier

4. In case you choose to create backorder a new receipt will be created

5. then you can choose to create bill just for received products (85) then for second receipt or if confirm that second receipt you can pay for all purchase 

Hope it helps

Discard