This question has been flagged
3 Replies

V16.  Trying to assign employees not users to tasks without changing the code base. Is this possible just using studio?

Discard
Best Answer

In Odoo, you can assign employees to tasks by creating a project and adding tasks to it. You can then assign employees to those tasks by specifying the employee as the "Assign To" on the task form. Additionally, you can also set up user groups in Odoo, and assign employees to those groups. This will allow you to assign tasks to entire groups of employees at once.

You can also use the timesheet application in odoo and have employees to log their timesheet to the task they are working on

It's important to note that there is multiple version of odoo (12,13,14 etc) and there can be some small difference

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Imran,

I am using Odoo 15.0-20230910 (Community Edition) and I cannot find the "Assign To" option in the task I created for a project. I am unable to share the screenshot here. If possible, can you share a screenshot marking the location of the "Assign to" option.

Thanks,

Deepak

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Tony: You can add a custom field to the Task model using Studio and use that. The current field is linked to users.

Discard
Author

Thank you

Hi Paresh, I have the same issue as described above. I can make changes to the codebase, but I need to show the new assignees in the Gantt view most importantly. Will a custom field work for this or will it create to many conflicts / missing data with other apps and modules?
Best,
Friedrich

Hi Friedrich: You should be able to customize the Gantt view. But if you want employee to be used everywhere a user is used, then you will need to identify all the dependencies and customize them too.