This question has been flagged
4 Replies

I am in the United States. I would like to setup ACH payments for bills we receive from our vendors, but It seems SEPA payments are not valid in the US.

I have setup an account with Melio in an attempt to get ACH payments going. I don't mind handling the payment outside of Odoo if necessary, but is there a way I can add a payment method of "Melio" in Odoo? Then, for bonus points, is there a way I can paste in an external transaction ID or similar to link the bill to the payment?

All of the "add payment method" links I can find are related to Point of Sale, not vendor payments.

I am using Odoo V17 Enterprise on Odoo.sh.

Discard
Author

Screenshot of available payment methods - https://ibb.co/pWwXvmm

Author Best Answer

I did figure out something here that may help. If you want to add a new payment method, select "Manual" as the payment method and then give it whatever name you want. I was trying to put my custom name under Payment Method and it didn't like that. Once I selected "Manual" and added my custom name under "Name", Odoo was happy.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Brit,'

Have you found solution to the payment method for vendor bill?

Discard
Author

No, not yet.

Best Answer

Hello Brit

You can go inside the Journal and there you can set the payment method.

Accounting> configuration> Journal(For ex. Bank)> Bank> Incoming payments>and do the setup

Discard
Author

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, the Vendor Bills journal type must be set to Purchase. Journals of type "Purchase" don't have the Incoming Payments tab.

Author

If I try to add a new payment method to the Payments journal, I have to search for the Payment Method to add it and the only payment methods in the list are Manual and Checks.