This question has been flagged

I previously had a working ODOO system, but stupidly, I uninstalled the "Social" module which as it turns out is a neccessary component to ODOO running correctly.

I have been trying to log back into the system, but I keep getting:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

With no way of getting back to the settings panel to re-install the module.

I've searched hard, but most people have been able to fix the problem with access to the settings page.  But I can't access any of the ODOO panels/pages at all.

Is there a way to repair the module through Terminal?  Or in the worse case scenario, is there a way I can extract the database and start afresh?

Many thanks in advance for your time!

Discard

Hi Joe, have a look at the logfile from your Odoo and let us know exactly what this error is about. It might be some easy fix but without more details it'll be hard to help you..

Author

Hi Yenthe, thanks for the comment. Previously while playing around with trying to copy different files and folders in an attempt to make a backup, I deleted the original log file and now the one inside the /var/log/odoo/odoo-server.log is blank. Starting/Stopping the Odoo server doesn't seem to do anything anymore.

Hmm okay thats a bit annoying/harder.. Have you tried updating all your modules? Start the Odoo through terminal and give a -u all with it, this will update all your modules and hopefully fixes the problem. For example: ./openerp-server -u all

Author

Hi Yenthe, I can't seem to run the server at all now. It keeps saying IP is being used. Where do I run that update command? I just get no such file or directory error. :(

Hi, which platform ? IP or Port still used ? To know pid : lsof -i tcp:8069 ==> kill -9 Else, to force install again, it's " ./openerp-server -i mail", But if you have uninstalled mail (Social module), all dependances (all modules) should be uninstalled also :/

Author

Thanks guys, but in the end I decided to start afresh because I wasn't getting anywhere with it. I do have a new problem now though, how do I install modules I have downloaded? I am trying to test the restaurant module downloaded from Odoo site. However, when I put it into the add ons folder, it doesn't show up on the modules list. Can anyone advise how to get it to show up on the modules list? Many thanks.

You need to set your user as "Technical user" After you refresh to have all extra menus, and in settings, you will see a new menu "Update modules list" which launch a wizard to detect all new module in your addons path. Be aware to don't have duplicate module in 2 addons paths, else it will not work ! So if it's a official addons already present in odoo ! You dont need to copy it again in your extra addons folder ! Else it will be not detected !

Author

Thanks Jérémy, but I have checked my openerp-server.conf file and the add-ons path is only set to one location: addons_path=/home/joe/odoo-9.0-6/apps/odoo/lib/odoo-8.0_a2115ef-py2.7.egg/openerp/addons I do notice that there was a pos_restaurant module already in there, but that hasn't ever shown up in the modules list. I was previously set as Technical User already and have clicked "Update Modules List" many many times. Is there a way to update the modules list through terminal? Thanks again!

When you launch your server, add "-i your_module' . That will force the installation. And you will see the warning to explain why it doesn't exists or ... (Check also that you have removed the filter 'Apps', to have the list of ALL modules.)

Author

Thanks Jérémy, I managed to install the module by removing the 'Apps' filter. It shows as installed now, but under the 'Point of sale' section, there is no 'Restaurant' section at all. It is still just the basic POS items there. What other settings do I need to set to make the Restaurant section under PoS show? Cheers!

The module is named pos_restaurant with display name restaurant! When your are in technical user you Will see the technical name in lightgrey!

Jeremy Kersten (JKE)

Le 11 mars 2015 à 13:07, Joe Goldenwell <joegoldenwell@gmail.com> a écrit :

Thanks Jérémy, I managed to install the module by removing the 'Apps' filter. It shows as installed now, but under the 'Point of sale' section, there is no 'Restaurant' section at all. It is still just the basic POS items there. What other settings do I need to set to make the Restaurant section under PoS show? Cheers!

--
Joe Goldenwell
Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post ODOO : Re-installing Social Module manually or other possible fix?
Author

Hi Jérémy, Sorry, I think I didn't make myself clear. I have "successfully" installed the restaurant module according to the settings modules panel. But there is no setting in the Point of sale section which lets me actually set up the restaurant. It still just gives me the basic PoS functions.

ha ok, So in v8, you have only "split bill", "print bill" and "printer_ids" options... Can be activated in "Point of Sale" --> Configurations --> "Point of sale"
The option floor plan and all others features are only available from saas-6 !

On 11/03/15 15:05, Joe Goldenwell wrote:
<blockquote cite="mid:1426082715.678539991378784.641092572292143-openerp-81265-forum.post@accounts.odoo.com" type="cite">

Hi Jérémy, Sorry, I think I didn't make myself clear. I have "successfully" installed the restaurant module according to the settings modules panel. But there is no setting in the Point of sale section which lets me actually set up the restaurant. It still just gives me the basic PoS functions.

--
Joe Goldenwell
Sent by Odoo S.A. using Odoo about Forum Post ODOO : Re-installing Social Module manually or other possible fix?
Author

Oic, thanks Jérémy. Where can I find more information about saas-6? Are there any actual working restaurant POS set ups using Odoo?

You can find the saas-6 code on github, else you can test on the runbot runbot.odoo.com/runbot/b/saas-6.
It should be available on saas (odoo online) at the end of this month (or during april).
If you don't know the POSbox, I suggest you to take ane eye on https://www.odoo.com/page/pos-ipad-android-hardware. It's a small hardware which can be connected to odoo online !

On 11/03/15 15:50, Joe Goldenwell wrote:
<blockquote cite="mid:1426085432.130656957626343.270241722787041-openerp-81265-forum.post@accounts.odoo.com" type="cite">

Oic, thanks Jérémy. Where can I find more information about saas-6? Are there any actual working restaurant POS set ups using Odoo?

--
Joe Goldenwell
Author

Hi Jérémy, thanks again. I just tried the online runbot, but that doesn't seem to have floor plan etc active. With regards to the POSbox, is it already a full working Restaurant POS (with floorplan, differentiating starter/main/desserts courses, dish modifiers, split bills etc)? Can the software be brought separately? We already have lots of hardware in use which we are hoping to re-use with a suitable POS.

Hello, you can find more info here https://www.odoo.com/page/point-of-sale about all the possibilities from POS.
Else don't hesitate to take contact with a commercial via odoo.com/page/contactus to have more info...

On 11/03/15 16:16, Joe Goldenwell wrote:
<blockquote cite="mid:1426087003.269376039505005.232335009060182-openerp-81265-forum.post@accounts.odoo.com" type="cite">

Hi Jérémy, thanks again. I just tried the online runbot, but that doesn't seem to have floor plan etc active. With regards to the POSbox, is it already a full working Restaurant POS (with floorplan, differentiating starter/main/desserts courses, dish modifiers, split bills etc)? Can the software be brought separately? We already have lots of hardware in use which we are hoping to re-use with a suitable POS.

--
Joe Goldenwell
Author

Thanks Jérémy!! I just saw a video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIG9Tr_LZOM The functionality on this looks very promising! Will this be included in the next update to v8? Or will it be a commerical module?

It will be in the next online version (saas6) and so in the next stable release V9!

Le 11 mars 2015 à 18:26, Joe Goldenwell <joegoldenwell@gmail.com> a écrit :

Thanks Jérémy!! I just saw a video on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIG9Tr_LZOM The functionality on this looks very promising! Will this be included in the next update to v8? Or will it be a commerical module?

--
Joe Goldenwell
Author

That is great news! How is the release date coming along? Will the time frame be long into this year? Are there plans to have translations done for different types of restaurants?

Author

I was meaning for example Italian restaurant, Japanese and Chinese etc...