This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi,

I have created two users ( User and Manager) in OpenERP ( 7.x) . User has employee access and manager has officer access in HR Access rights. And I assigned Manager as manager of user. But when I try to submit my timesheet by hitting on "SUBMIT MANAGER" button by login in as User, I am getting the following error.

As a result of this, User is not able to submit his timesheet to his manager.

"Access Denied The requested operation cannot be completed due to security restrictions. Please contact your system administrator. (Document type: Employee, Operation: read)"

Also have given full access right to employee as Read Access Write Access Create Access and Delete Access.

Please let me know if somewhere there is mis-configuration or need some more configuration.

Discard
Best Answer

Hello,

maybe you missed something on the employee linked to your employee. On the employee form, in the "HR settings" tab, did you set a value on the following fields :

- product

- analytic journal

?

Discard
Author

Hi, I have value in both of the field. The same user if i give Human Resource / Officer access, user is able to submit the timesheet to the manager

Hum weird, do you work with the muli company feature?

No i am not working on the mutlicompany

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 12:26 PM, André Antoine <antoine.andre1986@mail.odoo.com> wrote:

Hum weird, do you work with the muli company feature?

Functional Analyst Odoo working @ Realdolmen

Sent by Odoo Inc. using Odoo about Forum Post False

--
Regards,
Sufyan Reshamwala
"There is no Gods but God, and Prophet Muhammad ( صلى الله عليه وسلم‎) is the Last Messenger of God"
mobile,valid: +91-9821-304-301 

ok, maybe take a look at the record rules...this kind of error message is often leaked to those rules. Go to Settings/Technical/Security/Record rules. Then search for "employee", you'll find at least 3 rules. Then set theses rules inactive (untick active) one by one and test your TS submission (don't forget to refresh the page if you work with several tab or browser)

I tried all of them but the error seems to be bit rigid.

It seems to be a bug which is been faced in all database i have checked where in user is not allowed to submit there timesheet to there manager with Employee access in hr, if access is turned to officer they are able to submit it.

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 12:41 PM, André Antoine <antoine.andre1986@mail.odoo.com> wrote:

ok, maybe take a look at the record rules...this kind of error message is often leaked to those rules. Go to Settings/Technical/Security/Record rules. Then search for "employee", you'll find at least 3 rules. Then set theses rules inactive (untick active) one by one and test your TS submission (don't forget to refresh the page if you work with several tab or browser)

--
Regards,
Sufyan Reshamwala
"There is no Gods but God, and Prophet Muhammad ( صلى الله عليه وسلم‎) is the Last Messenger of God"
I got it fixed 

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 1:31 PM, Sufyan <sufyan9@gmail.com> wrote:
I tried all of them but the error seems to be bit rigid.

It seems to be a bug which is been faced in all database i have checked where in user is not allowed to submit there timesheet to there manager with Employee access in hr, if access is turned to officer they are able to submit it.

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 12:41 PM, André Antoine <antoine.andre1986@mail.odoo.com> wrote:

--
Regards,
Sufyan Reshamwala

--
Regards,
Sufyan Reshamwala