5 Answers

Ermin Trevisan

--Ermin Trevisan--
| 7 6 9
Walchwil, Switzerland
--Ermin Trevisan--

Ermin Trevisan
23.01.18, 09:16

I do not understand why you would want to change the addons path in the first place. Modules which are properly placed in the folder(s) which are defined in the addons path(s) of the Odoo conf file are loaded when Odoo (re)starts.

So when you change the addons path only the modules located in the changed (new) addons path are loaded, modules in another (older)  addons folder will not be loaded.

If you only want to be sure Odoo loads the newest version of your module code, you should restart Odoo and then update the module in the Apps menu.

3 Comments
Sprint IT, Chandni Gandhi
23.01.18, 11:09

Yes ,I know it always load the new path and new module, but that is not effecting the existing module, even though I Update Apps List. Installed module still connected to the old path.

We need to change path in server side because of adding some new branch there.

Sprint IT, Chandni Gandhi
25.01.18, 16:15

Thank You Ermin Trevisan for your answer, but that doesn't work for me as my issue is different then this.

Fred Cruypennick
14.12.18, 03:17

Did you get a good answer at your request ?

Ask a Question
Writer
Keep Informed
1 follower(s)
About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register
Odoo Training Center

Access to our eLearning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, use cases and quizzes.

Test it now