3. The Success of Odoo
6. Apps Store
7. Theme Store
8. Apps Store
22. What does it change?
24. Example: new doc
26. List of Features
29. THANK YOU !
27. List of Features Draft List of Features: http://bit.ly/1dGT3iN
15. Odoo 8 Odoo 8 (AGPL) Open Source
9. Today, a mobile phone without a strong app store is worthless. Tomorrow, an ERP without a strong apps store will be worthless too. → We can be the first real enterprise apps store The Enterprise Apps Store
16. Odoo 9 Community Odoo 8 (AGPL) Odoo 9 Community (LGPL) Open Source
10. Having the ability for partners to sell modules will be a huge boost in the quality of the available apps and the sustainability. And a lot of people will continue doing Open Source modules for area where its better. Everyone choose its prefered way of developing. The Enterprise Apps Store
2. We have an incredible product, community and service offer! But to move forward to the next step, we have to fine tune to model to make it even better. We should protect what worked and improve friction points.
13. Principles Everything is compatible. Odoo users can use AGPL, LGPL or non-free modules. The main rule to respect is: ● you can not sell a module that depends on an AGPL module. (it has to be AGPL) ● A derivative work of a AGPL/LGPL module should be open source.
23. Impact of new model Odoo SA can focus on a single source of revenues (extra features) and we don't need anymore to monetize extra services: support, training, documentation, bugfixes, etc. The price will not change as these values will be replaced by other values: selling Github access to Odoo Enterprise instead of trainings. → Only one goal: help people use Odoo
17. Odoo 9 Enterprise Odoo 8 (AGPL) Odoo 9 Community (LGPL) Odoo 9 Enterprise (Non-free) Open Source Non-free
18. Odoo 9 Enterprise Odoo 8 (AGPL) Odoo 9 Community (LGPL) Odoo 9 Enterprise (Non-free) Open Source Non-free Upgrade path
5. The root cause Development Model Revenue Model Open Source OE + Services + New releases by Odoo SA Continuous improvement by Community & Odoo. Sustainable for both partners and Odoo SA Highly valuable product at A very low price for end users
11. From AGPL to LGPL License switch: Odoo 8 was AGPL Odoo 9 will be LGPL Why? To allow partners to sell Apps (Apps Store) To allow Odoo SA to sell Apps (Odoo Enteprise) LGPL is suitable for a CMS, AGPL not
19. Odoo Community is the foundation of Odoo Enterprise, both editions are linked to each others. The success of one will bring the success of the other. → it's sustainable Evolution of Odoo Enterprise will require to improve Odoo community (core modules dependencies) and the more people use Odoo Community, the more users we can upgrade. The Enterprise Apps Store
25. For partners Odoo Enterprise's repo is accessible to all partners on GitHub. → nothing change on the way we collaborate! Odoo Community's repo is accessible to everyone publicly on GitHub. → nothing change on the way we collaborate! Odoo Enterprise still includes maintenance services : unlimited bugfix and upgrades. No change in the price. In order to distribute it to a customer, you need to either: 1/ use Odoo Community or 2/ buy Odoo Enterprise. → Depending on the features you need.
4. Reasons of Odoo Success Great product: Way more advanced than the competition Fast evolution Great service offer: ● Partners in 120 countries ● Complementary services: strong vendor, huge partner network Strong community ● High quality because of the feedback ● Apps Store
21. We want Odoo Community to be the best open source management software in the world. (not a secondary, less important product) We want extra features in Odoo Enterprise to upgrade some of these users. → We plan to invest in both and the success of one will allow us to invest more in the other. Conclusion
20. FAQ Odoo Enterprise relies on Odoo Community. It's a set of extra modules → It means, we will always maintain and improve Odoo Community over the time, its still our core product. The collaborative development on Github does not change. → Odoo Enterprise repo is open to all partners. Everything that is currently open source (SaaS 6) will stay open source → No feature become prorietary, only new ones. Our strategy: attract people with a great community software, upgrade some of these of users into Enterprise users. → the community version of Odoo should be super good.
12. Open source licenses explained Open Source (LGPL & AGPL): can distribute, use, modify derivative work should be released with same license AGPL (Odoo v8) Others modules that reuse your module must be AGPL, your module can not use / depends on non AGPL-compatible libraries you should provide source code to users LGPL (Odoo v9) you can use any library in your module Modules that depends on your module can be proprietary you should provide source code with binaries
- 5880 Total Views
- 3105 Website Views
- 2775 Embedded Views
- Social Shares
- 3 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 5 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 2 localhost:8080
- 14 www.odoo.com
- 1 www.google.co.id
- 2 www.google.com
- 4 accounts.odoo.com
- 1 www.google.de
- 1 www.google.pt
- 1 www.google.cl
- 1 www.google.com.sg
- 1 www.google.co.in
- 1 www.google.com.br
- 2 www.google.ru
- 1 www.google.es
- 1 www.google.com.ar
- 5 onlinesync.odoo.com
Keynote: Odoo 9 New Features42051 Views .
Odoo Mobile Development Framework & App build with it17538 Views .
Import and export data - Tips & Tricks13720 Views .
How A/B testing can help you optimize your website12361 Views .
Open Source Licenses12241 Views .
Odoo 9 New Design- The rationales behind it11836 Views .
Performance Tips & Tricks8769 Views .
Shipper integration - UPS, DHL, FedEx8493 Views .
Introduction to Odoo Warehouse Management7526 Views .
Contributing to the Odoo Community Association (OCA)6986 Views .
UX best practices to create your module6719 Views .
Keynote: Odoo Strategy 20156700 Views .
How to use Odoo in a Restaurant6282 Views .
VOIP: One-click Button to Automate Calls5947 Views .
How to develop new views in Odoo 105867 Views .
Odoo cms Performance Comparison and Optimisation5859 Views .
State of the Odoo JS framework5668 Views .
How to use Odoo in a service company5295 Views .
First steps in Odoo dev5069 Views .