Staff Accountant - San Francisco
Odoo ERP system is enterprise resource planning software used company-wide for the management of business processes. Odoo provides seamlessly integrated functional business apps called Odoo apps that form an ERP solution. Our unique proposition of integrated apps that work seamlessly together allows users to automate and track everything they do. The open-source development model of Odoo has allowed us to leverage thousands of developers and business experts to build the world's largest ecosystem of fully integrated business apps.
Odoo has become a global network with more than 8 million users, and partners in more than 120 countries, and we continue growing with 1500 daily downloads. We are growing fast and need to hire faster.
Users of the Product
60% Year over year
We are currently searching for a highly motivated candidate to
join our Accounting Team in San Francisco!
What we expect
This is a hybrid (40% remote and 60% onsite) role in San Francisco, CA.
Odoo is seeking a Staff Accountant to join the growing Finance team. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for various activities related to Odoo's accounting cycles, including timeliness and accuracy of accounting records, completing various reconciliations, creating reports, coordinating with external tax firms, performing financial analysis, and preparing financial statements. This individual will collaborate with other team members and report to the Head of Finance.
- Work with the team for timely and accurate monthly and quarterly closing
- Review, create, and post closing journal entries as needed
- Perform monthly flux analysis
- Assist in preparing journal entries and reconciliations for tax accounts
- Collaborate closely with the accounting team and external CPAs to provide necessary documentation and information to support tax compliance (business tax, property tax, and 1099 submissions, etc.)
- Work closely on Sales and use tax compliance, research, and monthly journal entries.
- Assist with annual audit and tax preparation processes
- Provide finance support for timely filing of federal, state, and local tax returns
- Manage audits by collecting data and responding to information requests
- Prepare financial information for external audits and communicate with the auditor
- Conduct thorough research on federal, state, and local tax laws and regulations to ensure compliance and identify tax-saving opportunities
- Monitor and ensure compliance with local tax filing and reporting requirements, staying up to date with any changes or updates
- Identify process inefficiencies and suggest improvements
- Provide support for ad-hoc analysis and projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4+ years experience related to accounting or auditing or a related field
- 2+ years of accounting software experience such as Oracle, NetSuite, SAP
- Excellent analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP and tax compliance
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite (Vlookup, Pivot table, IF formulas)
- Outgoing team player and team contributor
- Detail-oriented with the ability to meet deadlines
- Must be a self-starter and willing to assume ownership of assigned projects and duties
Nice to Have
- Prior experience in corporate tax accounting, tax auditing, or a related field
- CPA certification or progress toward obtaining CPA certification
What's great in the job?
- Great team of very smart people in a friendly and open culture.
- No silly tools to use, no rigid working hours.
- No waste of time in enterprise processes, real responsibilities and autonomy.
- Expand your knowledge of various business industries.
- Create content that will help our users on a daily basis.
- Real responsibilities and challenges in a fast evolving company.
What we offer.
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, FSA, HSA Matching, 401K Matching, and Commuter Benefits
- PTO (Paid-time-off), paid sick days, and paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program; 3 X 1-hour telehealth calls with certified mental health professionals
- $100 towards a work-from-home office setup
- Evolve in a nice working atmosphere with a passionate, growing team!
- Chef-prepared lunches - snacks, fruit, and coffee/drinks on tap!
- Company-sponsored events for groups of 6+ employee
The salary range for this role is $70,000-$110,000. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range, or be above or below the range, based on factors including, but not limited to, education, training, experience, professional achievement, business need, and location.
Compensation & Perks
A full-time position
with an attractive salary package
Afterwork events, several team building activities
12 days trainings a year and books for career development
Play any sport with colleagues,
the bill is covered
Eat & Drink
Chef prepared lunches daily, Fruits, Snacks, and Coffee provided
Be part of our team!
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Odoo's values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal-opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.