This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I still don't get how and when the invoicing is made from the suscription.

In Odoo vr10 there is an option that allows you to create a new invoice in advance. 

Discard
Best Answer

There is a scheduler running daily, checking the status of the subscriptions (not in state 'draft' or 'cancelled / closed'.) and the 'generate next invoice' date. if this day comes, a draft invoice is created. 

The scheduler can be found in Settings - Technical - Scheduled actions and in V13 called: 

Sale Subscription: generate recurring invoices and payments

Discard
Best Answer

Hello Angelica!

Thank you for your question.

As covered in the Subscription Basics video, the way the invoices are handled is set in the Subscription Templates, with the Payment Mode field.

So, once your subscription product is correctly configured, you can sell it on your eCommerce, for example. There, your customers can pay with a credit card or the payment method of their choice. Once the payment is confirmed, a subscription is created automatically and will keep creating invoices and make payments according to what you have set in the subscription template.

If you want more explanations about the way invoices are handled in Odoo, you can have a look at the Invoicing and Accounting chapters.

I hope this helps :)

Cheers,
Jonathan

Discard

I agree with Angelica, it is unclear how you invoice subscriptions and it it not clearly shown in the video.

For example If I create a sales order containing a subscription product, It will automatically create a subscription and I will be able to invoice it once.

But after this step I cannot find any way to invoice the second invoice.

And If I start the process by creating the subscription for a client I cannot even create the first sales order/invoice.

As test, I created a subscription template based on daily invoice. I then created a subscription starting 5 days ago for a client. Now I cannot see any invoice nor create one.