This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I'm tinkering with Odoo, to be used on a company that manufactures custom built furniture. All the product are made to order as well, the procurement of most of the materials associated.

I have developed an external app that goes from design to quote, generating the initial costs, sales price, summary of materials and design image into a word document template, that can be modified subsequently prior to sending to the customer.

The expected use of Odoo is from that point onward (CRM, Signature, Sales, Accounting)

Now to the questions:

1) How would you treat the products in this scenario? Since every "product" is different?

2) Is there a way to send additional documents other than the PDF generated by Oddo in the quotation?

3) I have been trying the API's to load the document, but so far only incorporates the shell record and not the document itself. I have tried with binary read of the file, with and without base64 encoding (base64 generates an error)

arch='xxx.pdf'
arch_bin=(arch,'rb')
id=models.execute_kw(db, uid, password, 'documents.document','create',[{'name':arch,
'datas':arch_bin, 'description':'Test','folder_id':6)

Any ideas are welcomed!!

Discard
Best Answer

1) You can use Serial numbers, but probably it is better to create a new product for each custom built furniture.

2) You can manually attach other files to an Odoo document (quotation, order, invoice etc.) using the Action menu.

Discard