This question has been flagged

Dear Odoo Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently facing a challenge in implementing an optimal and professional solution for a Coffee Shop or Restaurant scenario using Odoo, and I would greatly appreciate your expertise and guidance on the matter.

The business involves various order types, addons, and services, such as dine-in, take-away, drive-through, extra cheese/onion, and a variety of beverages (Soda, water, juice). Each of these factors influences consumption, packaging, raw materials, cost centers, services, and addons.

To effectively manage these differences, Bills of Materials (BoM) seem to be a suitable solution. However, we also need to ensure that the implementation is professional and maintains ease of use in point-of-sale (PoS) applications.

I have explored two scenarios, and I would like your input on their feasibility and best practices:

1. Using Variants and Attributes in Products:
    • Creating variants and attributes with mode options: "Instantly" or "Dynamically."
      • Advantages: "Allows the use of BoM,"
      • disadvantages: "No popup window," and "All Variants separated PoS."
        • Challenges: Products become duplicated at points of sale based on variants and attributes, leading to distraction and potential errors, especially in waiter PoS tablets or self-service machines. This approach lacks flexibility in making and managing orders.
          • Note: I have explored the possibility of organizing variants by placing them in separate categories within the POINT OF SALE settings. However, I encountered a limitation in Odoo as it does not allow the assignment of different categories to each variant.

• Creating variants and attributes with mode option: "Never."
      • Advantages: "popup Variants window"
      • disadvantages: "Cannot use BoM"
        • Challenges:  can't control the stock because the BoM of variants aren't listed.

I would appreciate any insights, recommendations, or alternative approaches you may suggest to address these challenges effectively. Your expertise will be instrumental in ensuring a smooth and professional implementation.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

Best regards,

Discard