This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi Experts,

I am facing issue or might have less understanding on process flow, the Manufacturing order or Work order is still being processed if the inventory does not have specific product in hand. 

On other hand the process completed and inventory shows negative value. I wanted my WO or Manufacturing process on hold if the product is not available. 

Discard
Best Answer

Unfortunately this is a built in feature in Odoo. The system believes that user input should supersede what data is in the system, i.e. if a technician says that 5 washers were used even though there are only 4 in stock, Odoo will believe the technician.

You can then reconcile negative inventory by generating manual transfer tickets or through inventory adjustments.

There is a "prevent negative inventory" module available in the OCA. You can also put in custom checks on actions to ensure that MO's can't transfer tickets and manufacturing orders can't be processed unless all products are reserved. 

Discard
Best Answer

I have the same problem and have had to commission a programmer to make a module to deal with it.

Discard