This question has been flagged

This is concerning Enterprise V11.

I notice there is a field called "Matching Number" in a Journal Item. It usually has value like A50, A171 etc.

When I click on it, it shows a form that looks very much like a Journal Entry, basically binding two Journal Entries together. 

I come across some Journal Entry in which the Journal Items have no Matching Number. Is this a valid state? when should a JE have Matching Number and when it shouldn't have one?

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

The Matching Number is a Many2one field of account.full.reconcile, it shows the matching journal items of record.

The Matching number is the name field and it is created by a sequence with prefix A and Id of account.full.reconcile model record.

You can this sequence by Activating developer mode then Settings > Sequence & Identifiers > Sequences > Account reconcile sequence.

Discard
Author

It sounds like all Journal Items should have a matching number as it should be part of a Journal Entry. To reiterate my question, is a Journal Item without a Matching Number a valid state?

The only journal items have Matching Number which has reconcile entries and this number is removed after reconciling entries are reconciled.

Best Answer

Hi Shan, mating number is the auto sequence number, it will generate when your invoice and payment is matched. 

1.Invoice entry

Trade debtor    Dr

Product                     Cr

2. Payment entry

Bank/cash     Dr

Trade debtor             Cr

Therefore  while you click on matching number it will 

Invoice entry-        Trade debtor Dr

Payment entry-     Trade debtor Cr

Hope this help you

Thanks and Regards

Srikesh infotech