This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi

What is difference between these two options under MRP module Workcenters. What is Human and what it gives and also the same question for Machine.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi;

Human and Machine are the resources needed for manufacturing a "PRODUCT".

As an example , let suppose that you are a car manufacturer.

In the process of manufacturing a car there are a separate steps in the assembly line (e.g Doors mounting, Motor mounting, Brake mounting, ...., motor test, ....., dashboard mounting, Dashboard connection and testing ....).

Each step involve the use of some human and material resources (Like a worker, a machine operator, tools, and special devices).

Those resources are divided in two categories "Human & Material", and each step can be considered as a "Work Center".

It's not "just an information", it's really used in mrp to compute the cost price of a product (Cost price = Price of the raw material + resources cost + ... + other related costs).

http://fr.slideshare.net/openmrp/fabricac-27781655

http://fr.slideshare.net/alrayon/atlantis-ibim-open-erp-for-production-planning from page 25-51

Did you create a "Routing" and linked it to a "Work Center"?

In the Work Center View, have you filled the Capacity Information and the Costing Information

image description

Discard
Author

I open two workcenters - one was Human and other Material - all configuration/cost related information fields - are the same. So no matter - is this material or human. When I have workcenter Human (worker who doing assembly), then I don't have any possibilities to connect it with HR module and also worker salary.

Author

Hi We look now directly from code. And Yes - Human and Material are ONLY INFORMATIVE fields. You can sort workcenters - but we don't find any place after sorting, where these fields are in use.

Author

Yes - I know these slides. And that's was the main reason - why I ask it here. We promote for our costumer also, that work centers are connected with HR module and You can easily add salary costs also to manufacturing cost. But after closer look - we don't see any possibilities to configure it. And then I give for my developer order to trace these fields - where are these fields in use in openerp other modules (installed and also not installed). And we don't find any place! When some one has exact information - what module is missing - then please share this information.

Author

Yes! But where are there connection between HR module? These fields, what You are showing - there is no mater - is this Human or Machine!

For both.

Author Best Answer

Ok - that I understand. But then we need possibility to connect workcenter and HR - but I haven't find any possibilities for that. And I don't see any difference between workcenter processes between human and material. Its seems, that is just one information field what is not in use.

EDIT: We look now directly from code. And Yes - Human and Material are ONLY INFORMATIVE fields. You can sort workcenters - but we don't find any place after sorting, where these fields are in use.

Discard