This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Working on V6.1 on window.

I have added this constraint on a custom module to force the default_code (Product Reference) to be unique but it does not work i can still add products with similar references.

'default_code': fields.char('Reference', size=80, select=True, required=True),

}    
_sql_constraints = [
    ('code_uniq', 'unique(default_code)', ("There is a similar SKU/References already in the system please specify another name, SKU must be UNIQUE!"))
]

Any suggestions please. Thank you in advance.

Discard

you must be sure that there is no duplicate of default code in the database

Author

The code works fine, the problem was as Ray Carnes stated, there was a product i had hidden in the past that shared the same product default code with another product in the database

You must check check is no duplicate entry in database. If it is , your constraint will not be create.

Best Answer

Your code seems right to me.

Have you recompiled your source / updated the db?

Constrains will not work if there is duplicated entries already existing in the db

Discard
Author

I know the module is working because all other characteristics are already functioning fine just the constraint

And the field containing SKU is named 'default_code' ?

Author

Yes see the change about. Plus the text SKU is only appearing in the warning text which i think should not affect the code.

You know that the sql-constraints will only be testes when the record is saved (create/write method)?

Author

Yeah but i can create and save the same reference more than once and I cannot even add ALTER TABLE product_product ADD CONSTRAINT product_product_default_code_uniq UNIQUE (default_code); in postgresql because another database which does not use this module already have duplicated references

Author

Thanks for your response. Hope you can help solve this issue.

I got the same issue : I add a _sql_constraint in my python code and got any constraint more in the database,
and the only 'alert' I got is a tiny error message in the big, big odoo.log file with "ERROR 'my database' odoo.schema: Table 'my table': unable to add constraint 'constraint name in python _sql_constraint' ....
now, I have to understand why odoo is unable to add the constraint ...

Best Answer
Hello! I had the same problem. My sql_constraints (in my case for a unique name) was correct but I was still able to create records with the same name.

Fixed after removing records with duplicate names (I already had them before applying sql_constraints). I did this and it started working correctly. So make sure you don't have any records with the attribute you want to apply duplicate sql_constraints to before implementing sql_constraints, otherwise it won't work.

Discard