This question has been flagged
4 Replies

We are trying to link to this field "project_id" so sales order and purchase could appear under a project.
We were able to do the same for CRM but not for Project, as it seems v14 shields and hides this particular field from user even in Studio. but why???? We've tried to search all possible fields under Analytic Account, but just can't get to this project_id.

Discard
Author

@Julia van orsouw, unfortunately I can't reply to your comment due to low karma. Yes, you are correct about the Analytic Account, we are able to use that field and collect financial data.

However, it's the workflow or nature of our organization, (I haven't yet came across anyone is like us from odoo topic s online). We need to create an order while it's in CRM stage, then it will be linked to a project.

Therefore, the order will be linked to both CRM and Project. We've created a customized section in both CRM and Project to show all Orders linked to them.

However, this only works when we can select/edit project_id field, which we were able to do in Sale.Order.form because there was a hidden field created by odoo initially, which we were able to utilize.

But, we can't do the same for Purchase.order form. We can make customized field for analytic account itself, but any purchases edited manually will not be able to associate with the CRM and Project even when we have assigned them to the right analytic account. As we monitor projects more than using it as an organizer, it's really like the central control hub for everything, freight, delivery, installation, field survey, quote, p.o, invoice and etc.

All we need to do is to be able to add customized field in Quote, Sales Order, and Purchase, which we were able to do for all of them by utilizing what's already (hidden) there, except for Purchase.

I understand now that project_id (name) field is an inherit field, maybe that's why we weren't able to do anything about it.

I'm wondering if there's anyway of inherit project_id in purchase module without using python code via pycharm.

Thank you or anyone reading this

Best Answer

Hi, wanna check if you have the solution now.  Thx. 

Discard
Best Answer

When creating the project, there should also be an analytic account created. When you make a purchase order, and link lines or order to an analytic account, these costs (when billed) will show up on your project overview.

A project is merely there to organise your tasks, the financial part of cost and revenu is collected in an analytic account. 

As it is possible to link multiple projects to the same analytic account, it's not possible to collect the project ID from PO -> AA -> Project. This functionality is useful when f.e. subtasks are maintained in a different project, but cost and revenu have to be shown on same analytic account. 

Discard
Author Best Answer

We wanted to link Orders created under CRM to Project, which we have done.

Then, link Purchases to Project so we can run reports for everything under the same Project.

Only if I could add the Project_id field to Purchase and Purchase list screen....

Discard
Best Answer

question. why you do not use product(service) and link it by default behavior?

Discard