This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I would like to know where I can locate the list of user groups. For example, a user with permission to apply "invoice" in "Accounting and Finance" belongs to the group "account.group_account_invoice". I want to know the other groups of the other odoo modules.

Discard

You can follow the way mentioned by the odoo tools, from odoo13 onwards all the groups, record rules and access control of employee can be access from the emplopyee form itself, see : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLKaAKfhq_Y

Author

Thank you. But I need the technical name of any group. For example, For group "Accounting and invoicing / invoicing" (on Settings/Users/Groups), the technical name is "account.group_account_invoice" which is used on xml code on "account.invoice.form" view. I need to change the visibility of Validate Button so only the group "Accounting and invoicing/invoicing manager" see it, but I don't know it technical name.

Best Answer
  1. Go to the settings > activate the developer mode

2. Go to Settings > Users > Groups

Under this menu you would find all the groups by all installed in your database modules.

Click on any to learn its users / access rights / record rules, etc.

Discard
Author

Thank you. But I need the technical name of any group. For example, For group "Accounting and invoicing / invoicing" (on Settings/Users/Groups), the technical name is "account.group_account_invoice" which is used on xml code on "account.invoice.form" view. I need to change the visibility of Validate Button so only the group "Accounting and invoicing/invoicing manager" see it, but I don't know it technical name.

Groups are defined in module (e.g. 'account') source code > the folder 'security', the file 'security.xml'. Here you will find all xml ids related to the groups defined in that module.

Hi ... where can I find these security Group XML Ids on on the SaaS Odoo? I have no access to the security.xml file. .. Thanks

Best Answer

did you find it? I am trying to find it too in order to disable the "Register Payment" button for some users.

Thanks!

Discard
Best Answer

self.env.user.groups_id.get_xml_id()

Discard