This question has been flagged

How does the "Alert Date Reached" activity works and how can I configure which users receive this alert?
How does the Expiration Alert ("Tag" on product) works and is it triggered by which Tracking Date, best Before, Removal time or otherwise?

Thanks

Discard
Best Answer

UPDATE, my post is updated with the correct v14 labels and I have requested a documentation update.

This is documented at https://www.odoo.com/documentation/14.0/applications/inventory_and_mrp/inventory/management/lots_serial_numbers/expiration_dates.html

Product configuration

Now, you have the possibility to define different dates in the inventory tab of the product form:

Expiration Time: refers to the number of days before the goods may become dangerous and must not be consumed. It will be computed on the lot/serial number;

Best Before Time: it’s the number of days before the goods start deteriorating, without being dangerous yet. It will be computed using the lot/serial number;

Removal Time: shows the number of days before the goods should be removed from the stock. It will be computed on the lot/serial number;

Alert Time: refers to the number of days before an alert should be raised on the lot/serial number.

Reviewing the code:

https://github.com/odoo/odoo/blob/14.0/addons/product_expiry/models/production_lot.py#L79

... you can see the Activity is assigned to the responsible_id of the product, which is defined on the Inventory tab of the Product:

I have requested the information about who the Activity gets assigned to be added to that page.

Discard

Hi Ray

But in Odoo 14 it seems that everything has changed:

- Expiration Time

- Best Before Time

- Removal Time

- Alert Time

and there is no documentation, and other descriptions inside Odoo related to expiration time

Can someone explain?

See my updated answer. Product Use Time is now "Best Before Time". "Product Life Time" is now "Expiration Time". Product Removal Time is now "Removal Time". Product Alert Time is now "Alert Time".