This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I want to import XML data related to orders into an Odoo setup. What's a good approach for this? Which addon dependencies do I need?

What does a method look like that reads the xml data from my source and converts it into orders into odoo? Is there documentation about this? I want to see the most minimal Odoo addon that adds some data to an installation.

Discard

What do you know about developing openerp modules themselves? Because if you know that, you are half-way through. Look into xml-parsers in python and use the ORM's "create" method on the records to turn them into sale orders. For scheduler examples (like Serpent is talking about) take a look at the current schedulers, for example the "Run mrp scheduler" from the MRP module.

Best Answer

Kasper,

You should make a method which reads the xml data from your source and converts them into orders into odoo.

This method should be mentioned into the scheduler which will be configured to run every hour. (menu is Settings/Technical/Scheduler/Scheduled Actions)

Thanks.

Discard
Author

Cool. What does such a method look like?

You will write a method which will import orders to odoo. That name of method should be defined in the scheduler.

Author Best Answer

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11493578/how-to-write-a-python-script-that-uses-the-openerp-orm-to-directly-upload-to-pos/11499665#11499665 looks promising

Discard