This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I have managed to successfully create, upload and print SQL based reports using pentaho reporting server. Now I want to be able to create Object based reports. I created a report template using OpenERP models and uploaded it. When I go to print I get a error saying,

Odoo Client Error

SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected end of data at line 2 column 1 of the JSON data

http://10.101.5.116/web/static/src/js/core.js:449

When I further looked into the creation of object based reports it's said that,

"For object based data sources, the Pentaho server will use XML-RPC to connect to the current database using the interface and port as defined in the OpenERP config file, and the reporting user's credentials."

But when I looked at the pentaho configuration the,

* pentaho.openerp.xml.interface

* pentaho.openerp.xml.port

are empty.

Is this the reson for that error and if so what is xml interface and port values?

Discard
Best Answer

Hello I had the same problem you can find in the core.py file on the line 145  you can see this

'password': current_user.password,

This gets an empty string. If you set the corect value of the password your report will get rendered corectly.

I foud this problem to happen in another case. If you make a report in Pentaho Report designer 5.2. Opening the report in Pentaho 5.0.1 and resaving it may help.

Regards

Discard