This question has been flagged

The module website_crm_partner_assign allows to display partners inside a website but I couldn't find a proper documentation.

Many people have problem because partners do not show up on the website because it needs particual setup of couple fields like Partner Level, Implemented By, Is Published, Activation. Different sources point different fields that has to be set up.

But for the love of god I couldn't find any reason field "Activation" exists. It does not seem to be used anywhere. Why is that? What is the use case of this field? Do I really need it?

Discard

Did you find out what is the activation field for?

Author

Sadly I couldn't find anything

Best Answer

In the "Partner Assigment" tab, all the informations are related to partners/resellers, configured also in CRM under Configuration->Resellers. The Activation field, would perhaps be better named actuation, or reseller actuation, e.g. Odoo community, Odoo enterprise, etc, in the case of Odoo.

So this field has no relation to the publication on the website, and the information contained in this field does not appear online either. To publish the partner/contact online you have to select the "go to website" button in the contact form, and activate "published" as for publishing a page on the website or a product in the webshop, and the contact will be by default published on the "/partners" page.

The activation field can also be used to filter or group contacts by.

Discard
Best Answer

I also noticed that the partner has to be a Company, not an Individual for them to appear in ~/partners.

Discard