This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I expected the account.bank.statement 'Compute' button to do something along the lines of updating the end balance of the statement, based on all the statement lines. Instead it currently seems to do nothing when clicked. Is there an intended current or future purpose for the button?

Discard
Best Answer

Hello, Actually the use of compute button to refresh the function field as well as re-sequence. But at end user he/she not understand exactly what happen by pressing "Compute" button. So here, branch for that it will add end balance and when we compute than it will update the total so, end user understand exactly what happen. (link)code.launchpad.net/~openerp-dev/openobject-addons/7.0-opw-595060-Chandni

Discard
Author

Thanks, this is the answer I suspected. I also implemented something similar to the solution in your branch solution to avoid confusing our accounts team. The user definitely needs some kind of visual feedback or the button is pointless

Best Answer

Hello.

The main use of the compute button is that it will calculate the computed balance of the bank statement. Computed balance = Opening balance + Statement line balance. Our computed balance must be same as our end balance. So first we need to compute it, So we can see the computed one and entered the end balance. When our computed balance = End Balance then we can confirm the bank statement.

Bank statement is used for the payment reconciliation from the bank journal or doing the settlement from the bank . So when you create a bank statement It will show you the opening balance which is the last closing balance of your selected journal. So you can see the total balance of your bank account for that particular journal.

Before confirming the bank statement we have to see the computed balance for the bank statement (Opening balance for that journal + total amount of the statement line) and add this as a ending balance for that bank statement. then we can easily confirm it.

Thank you!

Discard