This question has been flagged
8 Replies

I installed Odoo 8 last evening and the installation was smooth - no isssues.  I played around with system for a while, then had dinner. When I returned, I thought that I could get back to where I was.  There was a login prompt for email and a password.  I don't remember seeing any of this during the installation process.  I did copy down password and username for the database, but not a email.  I created a company database and installed the demo data so I could learn about Odoo. Thanks

Discard

user: admin password: admin

Best Answer

try this :)

username: admin

password: admin

Discard
Best Answer

login : admin

password : that you indicate in configuration (to connect data base postgre)

Discard
Best Answer

When you created a company database and you must input a password.

Discard
Best Answer

Look at the database itself.  The first row in res_users will be your superuser login and password.

Discard
Author

Thanks Brett - I will give that a try if I run into this issue when I re-install.

Best Answer

just type in email field : (admin) and your password 

Discard
Best Answer

I agree it is a little confusing.

Where the login page calls for the email is actually the username. I can imagine once you have set up email settings for a user maybe both (username and/or his/her email) would work to login.

Discard
Best Answer

The username is admin. The passcode is that one you have provided on installation process. Something I would like to discover is how to change this label "E-mail" from login page to a label like just "Login".

Discard
Author Best Answer

Frédéric Houttemane - I tried that combination and also using "Administrator" and "administrator" and that did not work.  The password I used was the one that I provided at the password promopt during database creation.

Update:  over the weekend I tried different combinations of the 'admin' 'administrator' logins and still get a prompt for an email address.  I have un-installed Odoo version 8 and removed all files and folders along with the database.  Tonight I will re-install and try again.

Discard