This question has been flagged
1 Reply

What is database anonymization?

In settings, under Database Anonymization, there is - Anonymization history - Anonymized Fields - Anonymize database

Discard
Best Answer

It makes sensitive company data (like customers, sales figures, users, employee data) anonymous.

This can be necessary if:

• You want to setup a test environment where also external users have access
  • You want to pass your OpenERP data to your OpenERP service contractor to test new modules and functionalities.
  • You want to setup a training environment (a separate database for training).
  • You want to send your OpenERP database to OpenERP SA for a migration to the latest version as part of the OpenERP Enterprise services.
Discard
Author

It would be useful to describe step by step how to anonymize and send data for a given scenario. For example, I want technical support so I create an anonymous data set and send it to tech support provider. If the provided sends me back the data, I think there's a way to de-anonymize it. Also, you should change "sensible" to "sensitive", "confidential" is even better.

Andreas, this is incorrect. As the anonymize module explains "Once you get back your migrated database, you restore it and reverse the anonymization process to recover your previous data." See http://apps.openerp.com/addon/718

Thank you for your valueable comment! I have removed my comment.