This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Can someone better explain the Stock Interim Accounts and how to use these?

When we create invoices from Purchase Orders for stockable products (standard/automated valuation), should the account used be a Stock Interim Account instead of a Cost of Goods account? The system seems to default this way.

Discard
Best Answer

Take a look at the Anglo Saxon Inventory Valuation Business Memento at https://www.odoo.com/documentation/user/11.0/inventory/management/reporting/valuation_methods_anglo_saxon.html

The Stock Interim Accounts are used to stored the value of goods not yet Billed (for goods you receive) or not yet Invoiced (for goods you deliver) until there is a corresponding Bill or Invoice entered.

Other names for these accounts are:

• Stock Interim (Received)  -  Goods Received not Vouchered  -  UnBilled Received Goods

• Stock Interim (Delivered)  -  Good Delivered not Vouchered  -  UnInvoiced Delivered Goods

You can check these accounts regularly to make sure you have entered all Bills and created all Invoices. 

When you receive items:

When you send items:

The Expense Account on a Product or Product Category should be used to book Cost of Goods.

Discard

hello,

I am having a small doubt regarding these accounts.

when I make an invoice and delivery order the amount in the account both credit and debit should be equal right?

but in between, if I purchase the product with different cost the values becomes different

thus the account is not becoming zero balanced?

how do i solve this issue?

Hi Ray
I want to thank you, cause thanks to all your forum answers I've been able to set up the automated inventory valuation
It remain to me one question:
For manufacturing of finished goods that are ALREADY invoiced at the confirmation of the sales order, before the manufacturing starts, the stock interim account delivered should be the same as the income account in account properties tab?!

@Nicu - does that invoice represent a pre-payment for the finished goods? (the customer can cancel before manufacturing starts and get some or all of their pre-payment back?)

Best Answer

Did you get a solution for this?

Discard

Hi, I believe this is because of the costing method, check out this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9jUeUi2OcI&ab_channel=Odoo