This question has been flagged
1 Reply

The Add blocks menu on the left hand side of the edit website page is missing .

Odoo12

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

Check whether the logged in user have enough permission to do editing in the website, by navigating the users form view assign the group Editor and Designer in the website. 

Even after doing this if you are not getting it, create a new database and install the website module and see, whether the same issue is there or not. If you are getting  not getting the same issue there, the problem might be with the custom modules you have used in the previous database, or due to the editing done to the views. If so just upgrade the website module and also have a check on it.

Thanks

Discard
Author

Thanks Nayas. none of the above worked.

On other databases I have no issues.

How can i take a backup of the website? It is a simple website and i can repeat it, however, i would like to know what happened and if it is something i did.

Thanks again.

You have to check with the custom modules you have used in the database. As you dont have issue in the other database, just install the custom module you have used in this database one by one in another db and see when the edit option get hidden. You can do this, or you can check the browser console and see whether you get some hint from it

Author

Thanks Niyas

i will try to traceback the modules i installed....

The browser console is showing errors but it is beyond my knowledge of programming.

Example and the list goes on...

web.assets_common.js:3556

Server application error

Error code: 200

Error message: Odoo Server Error

Error data message:

Error when compiling AST

Error data debug:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/home/odoo/src/odoo/12.0/odoo/tools/cache.py", line 88, in lookup

r = d[key]

File "/home/odoo/src/odoo/12.0/odoo/tools/func.py", line 69, in wrapper

return func(self, *args, **kwargs)

File "/home/odoo/src/odoo/12.0/odoo/tools/lru.py", line 44, in __getitem__

a = self.d[obj].me

KeyError: ('ir.qweb', <function IrQWeb.compile at 0x7f614a57aea0>, 1064, ('en_US', True, None, None, False, 1))

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred: