This question has been flagged
4 Replies

I want to create manufacturing order directly and automatically from Sales order, How can I set it up in ver14. I have set my product to manufacturing in inventory tab and BOM is also set & in Inventory I have set up auto trigger on reordering rules, what I am missing here ?

Discard
Author

I don't see MTO option in Inventory Tab

Best Answer

Replenish on Order (MTO) is archived in Odoo 14. To re-enable it, go to Inventory App -> Configuration -> Warehouses -> Select A Warehouse (e.g. San Francisco) -> Routes (Smart Button). After that, click the Filters -> Archived. Choose the Replenish on Order (MTO) then Unarchive it.

Also, I added this on my custom module so it will enable the Replenish on Order (MTO) after installing the custom module before installing the Inventory App. Make sure to add the file in your manifest file.

data/stock_data.xml

<!-- set a lower sequence on the mto route than on the resupply routes -->
<record id="stock.route_warehouse0_mto" model='stock.location.route'>
<!-- <field name="name">Replenish on Order (MTO)</field>-->
<!-- <field name="company_id"></field>-->
<field name="active">True</field>
<!-- <field name="sequence">5</field>-->
</record>
Discard

<record id="stock.route_warehouse0_mto" model='stock.location.route'>

<field name="active">True</field>

</record>

These are the lines you only needed to override it.

Best Answer

Hi Pritee,

May I know why Replenish on order(MTO) is archieved in v14? I think it's quite frequently used case. Do v14 have some new/better solution?

Thanks!

Discard

Sorry about converting it to a question,my bad.
Regarding your question on V14 they moved to using Replenish Rules as a more flexible way. You can also make a MTO base rule using that.

Best Answer

There is an Option of Replenish on order(MTO) in Routes. However its archived in Odoo 14. So first you have to go to Inventory App> Configuration> Warehouses>  Select the a Warehouse> Routes (smart button at upper right corner) > Click on Filter> Archived. Now you will be able to see the Route MTO. Open it & in Action Unarchive it. Now on the Product Form >Inventory Tab choose both Manufacturing & MTO as Routes

How can you automate your manufacturing processes? Sign up for our next webinar to know more!

Pritee Pallavi Behera

Odoo Consultant

Tel: +353 1 886 5684 (IE) +44 121 285 5684 (UK)  +91 964 381 7554 (IN)

Target Integration | CRM ERP Cloud

Website | LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram

Discard
Best Answer

Use MTO = Make to Order on the product. You will get a direct link to manufacturing or purchase. Be aware that MTO set constraints also in logistics. You cannot produce less or more, and you cannot deliver this production to another customer.

Discard

MTO is archived in Odoo 14.