This question has been flagged

When a RFQ is created automatically for a product (from MTO or reordering rule) and when there are multiple pricelists defined on this product, which one is selected by the system?

Discard
Author Best Answer

When there are multiple vendor pricelists for a product (visible in the purchase tab, on the product), and when the RFQ is created automatically (due to MTO, reordering rule, MPS,...) the first vendor pricelist will be selected if:

(1) the quantity on the RFQ meets the minimum quantity on this vendor pricelist

(2) the validity date on the vendor pricelist is met

(3) there is no other vendor pricelist for the same vendor on this product with a lower price (if so, the system takes the vendor pricelist of the same vendor but with the lowest price)

Otherwise, the next vendor pricelist in the purchase tab that meets the previous criteria will be selected.

Additional note:

The lead time has no impact on the vendor pricelist selected

Discard

Why does lead time have no impact? If I have a product that offers a higher price for shorter lead time from the same supplier, I can’t choose that on my PO. It makes no sense? Actually it allows me to choose it and then switches back to lowest price. This must be a setting I have wrong right? I can’t believe it would be designed this way

Does Odoo have any plan to make a selection based on the lead time as well? I absolutely agree with Craig's point. If we are planning based on the customer lead time and vendor lead time, it makes no sense that odoo doesn't choose a vendor whose lead time is best to fulfil orders honouring customer lead time.

Best Answer
As you are purchasing this product from a vendor, go to the product’s Purchase tab and add a vendor by clicking on Add a line. You can add multiple vendors, but make sure to order them correctly, since reordering rules always use the first vendor in a list. You can add a price, but it isn’t necessary for the reordering rule to work. In addition, you can add a minimum quantity you must order to benefit from that price.

source

Discard