This question has been flagged

Hello,

I'm working with the accounting module and when I create draft vendor bills and click "Validate" it always moves the bill directly to Paid. I have a blank database with only the Accounting and Finance module installed and it works correctly. It moves the invoice from Draft to Open after validation.

I also have no problem with invoices created from sales orders. It only occurs with vendor bills. 

Has anyone experienced a similar problem? I am assuming it must be a configuration setting or a specific addon that is causing the issue. We have no third party addons installed outside of what ships with Odoo 9 Enterprise.

Thanks,

Holden

Discard
Author

UPDATE January 13th, 2016 Testing with the workflows has seemed to narrow it down slightly. The project is using the default Odoo 9 Account / Invoice workflow. The "open" node will fire the following python commands: action_date_assign() action_move_create() invoice_validate() Both the action_date_assign and invoice_validate function cause the vendor bill to move directly to Paid. If I only include the action_move_create function in the workflow then the vendor bill will remain in Draft after validation. Neither one of these functions point to anything obvious that would cause the state to change to Paid.

Best Answer

Had the same problem

Be sure to set type to payable on 'vendor payable account', any other type will have 'Vendor bill' to behave wrong.

Discard

I am having the same issue. All the account is set correctly. issue is more recent.

Best Answer

Hello,

Just dealt with this same issue. The problem I had was that I created the invoice line product with a "Receivables" Account and not an "Income" Account. Once I changed the COA account from Receivable to Income, everything worked. It is definitely an issue that needs to be fixed. If the Product Line Item can only have an Income Account listed to it, it shouldn't allow you to create or select a receivable account.

I created the account when I was setting up the Product, so when I errantly set up the account as a receivable instead of an Income Account. BLAMO! No workie. The Validate process should double check that the account listed is an income account. If not, it should display an error.

IAN.

Discard
Best Answer

For those who are struggling with the same problem and got to this thread - the solution is to:

1) Create an invoice from the purchase order

2) As it will jump into "Paid" go to the "Other info" Tab and click on the position in the Account

3) In order for Odoo to work properly make sure the type is "Payable"

The "Account Payable" naming can be different and it depends on your accountant. For example, some companies in UK are using "Creditors Control Account" with number 2100 instead as well as "Materials Purchased"(5000) instead of Expenses for vendor bills. 

Most of us are not qualified accountants but software developers/consultants and we should not touch accounting without a help of a qualified accountant or good research. If you are implementing Odoo and there is an accountant in your company please provide him with default accounting in Odoo so he/she can map it to company need and you will avoid this kind of errors.

Discard
Best Answer

It's probably linked to one of your custom modules, since it works fine on standard implementations. You can test on https://odoo.com/start or https://demo.odoo.com

Discard
Author

Unfortunately, there are no custom / third party modules installed on the instances I'm testing with. The only modules installed shipped with Odoo Enterprise. I tracked it down to the fact that the residual amount on my vendor bills is always zero when validating.

The same thing happens to normal outgoing invoices too. And it's really caused by the residual being zero. I'm still wondering WHY.

I've investigated the problem. It was that the invoice lines had incorrect "account" fields. The correct value depends on your country and the partner's fiscal position among other things.