This question has been flagged
1 Reply

I am getting the following error message when I try to create a new product.  I am new to Odoo Inventory, v15.  I am using Studio in order to customize it.  I think I may have deleted something along the way but not sure what.

Validation Error

The operation cannot be completed: - Create/update: a mandatory field is not set. - Delete: another model requires the record being deleted. If possible, archive it instead. Model: Product Template (product.template), Field: Product Type (detailed_type)

Thanks in advance for the help!

Discard
Author

Hello Niyas,

Thank you so much for decoding what that error message meant!  You were exactly right, I have a field called "Product Type" that I wasn't including.  I dragged and dropped the field into my "new products" page using Studio, but it disappeared.  Nevertheless, wherever it went, the form now works and creates new products.

Thanks again for your help!

Best Answer

Hi,

Such an error will be displayed in odoo, when the value for a required field is not provided during the record creation. You have a field named detailed_type in product model and it is set as required, if the field is visible in form enter the value into it or using studio/or from code make it visible in the form and enter a value in it.

See this explaining the same:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP2IsIgzhfU&list=PLqRRLx0cl0hoiTewSTzSQ3HJ-Vqhh43k0&index=1

Thanks & Regards

Discard