This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello Everyone,

I have watched several videos on this subject but none of them work for me. I would like to edit/manage product tags in V16. I am administrator but stil can't access that function.

Please could anyone help?

Discard

This one post was so helpful. Thanks all.

Best Answer

Do you have the Website App installed?

Looks like we neglected to create a Menu to edit these if you don't have this App installed.

You could manually create a Menu if the Website App is not installed.

1. Activate Developer Mode

2. Navigate to Technical --> Database Structure --> Models

3. Find the "Product Tag" model, open it, scroll down and click "Create Menu"

Discard
Author

Hi Ray,
fantastic answer. Thank you very much. It works wonders.

Author

Hi Ray,
me again.
there is something I must do wrong. Once the menu has been created it kind of takes the place of its parent hence I put it under product/variants because I don't use variants (yet). It sort of works but it is not exactly how menu should work. The parent menu should still be clickable. What did I miss here ?

Find the Menu you created in the "Menus" Menu (Developer Mode) and edit the Parent as needed.

Looked at the Master branch in the Runbot today and it seems the Tags menu still only available in the Website app. Can you still squeeze it in for v17?

@CDC - I have asked our R&D team to address this

@CDC I heard back and our R&D Team explained the intention of Product Tags is for eCommerce so they don't plan to provide a Menu without the Website App. You can still use the method I posted about, and can open a ticket with Odoo Support if you want to provide your own feedback about the way you use this feature.

Reply from CDC:

===========================================================
Hi Ray,
Thanks for the response. Just to add to the discussion: we think product tags are a great way to do many things. For example Salesperspersons can create favorites based on certain tags so they can quickly find those products in a larga catalog. Another example is to use the tag for a brand name, or product line name. I think most of the reasons why this would benefit e-commerce are the same for Sales. Especially since Odoo is an integrated database. The tags are on the product template and product model, so users will see and use them in Sales, Inventory, Accounting (any app with a Product menu). They will create tags, make mistakes and need to correct those and find out they need to install the website app... those tickets will reach support without my help ;-)
===========================================================

Best Answer

how can i make tags appear in e commerce product page 

plz help

Discard

When you "answer" a question, only the OP is notified (not other people who answer) so I didn't see this until today.

Odoo 16: you would need to customize the XML that defines the pages to do this.

There are several third-party Apps on our App store that do this.

Odoo 17: there is now a checkbox on each Tag to indicate if it is visible or not visible in eCommerce

Thanks for letting me know. You were actually quite fast with response: I just posted this (as a comment, not as an answer). 
Regards,
Toon 

On Tue, Oct 3, 2023 at 3:23 PM Ray Carnes (ray) <ray@odoo.com> wrote:
When you "answer" a question, only the OP is notified (not other people who answer) so I didn't see this until today. Odoo 16: you would need to customize the XML that defines the [...] ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​ ͏ ​

When you "answer" a question, only the OP is notified (not other people who answer) so I didn't see this until today.

Odoo 16: you would need to customize the XML that defines the pages to do this.

There are several third-party Apps on our App store that do this.

Odoo 17: there is now a checkbox on each Tag to indicate if it is visible or not visible in eCommerce

Ray Carnes
Global Project Delivery

odoo
250 Executive Park Blvd. 
San Francisco, CA 94124

Satellite Office: Los Angeles

Office: +1 (650) 297-4485

Odoo Inc.

+1 650-691-3277 | info@odoo.com | https://www.odoo.com