This question has been flagged
2 Replies

how i can create a Project through Automated Actions using Python Code or is there any existing action for the same?

i want to create when a sale order Quotation confirmed then it should create Project with initial Task / Stage for that. (or anything i am missing?) 

experts please help.

regards

Discard
Best Answer

Hello, 

In that case, you need to configure the following things:

• create a new product (service type)
  • add the required information
  • creating a sales order with the respective product and confirm

Thanks.

Discard
Author

really?? have you read or understand what i have asked for?

Yes, I understand.
You want to create a Project or Task based on SO confirmation.
So, odoo already providing the same thing and you can check.

Author

no, when Confirming a sale order, it is not automatically creating a Project... I want to create a Project including its Tasks with New stage. ( i think its project.project AND project.task ).

hope that clear now.

regards

Yes, it's also possible as well.
you need to set up create on order = Project & Task and select one project as a template.

In the template project, you can define some initial tasks.

thanks.

Author

thank you @Manish Bohra but i failed yet to figure it out how i can create a Template with task(s), by default there is nothing to select one so i can have an idea. please help with a link to guide as i am trying to search there are various links not related to this project but to create modules (project).

if there is a step-by-step guide this will be highly appreciated.

regards

Author

i found this topic in which @Josep Anton Belchi Riera helped OP to create project template. will check this.

regards

Best Answer

Hello, thanks for your help,

Personnally, i need to create project in Consummable or stockable product... no only with services...

I think, Python or automated action is needed.

Discard
Author

yes, the above solution is for specific type, python code in automated action can create for any type.

in Pycharm, under addons search for env['project.project'].create({ and env['project.task'].create({

you will found various examples to create a Project with python code.