This question has been flagged

Hi there,

I've started using mail templates for submitting mails to customers. Whenever I select the template it from the action menu (f.ex. from orders, "resend mail xy"), it always shows me the script code content with placeholders. I'm wondering why it cannot be prefilled by the given order data?

If I have some non-technical odoo users they will be afraid of (for them looking like that) sending some cryptic code to a partner. So I'm looking for a solution, where the user has some WYSIWYG feeling. I hope you understand what I mean.

Is there any way, whenever a template is used from a form view (order, customer,...) the content (and the xml code) can be prefilled? So it should look like the exact mail the customer is receiving.

Additionally if I like an attachment to be automatically added, it is also not added with the template until the odoo user presses the send button and has to hope that it is really added after sending the mail.

Thanks in advance for this great community! I'm sure one day (with better knowledge) I can give back the help which is given here).

Regards, Riccardo

Discard