This question has been flagged
2 Replies

It looks like all time recorded on a job or visit is at the same rate, the service product configured as the default:

Discard
Best Answer

1. Create two Service Products, at the rates you will charge out the two different services:

Setup both to Invoice based on Timesheets and create a Task in the Field Services Project:

2. Add both to a Sales Order, to quote your Customer for the hourly rate of each:

When confirmed, the Sales Order will create two Field Services Tasks:

3. Plan accordingly and leverage either the Task Timer or Timesheet tab to record time on each.

Once both Tasks are complete, the Sales Order will automatically update to show the recorded time:

4. Generate the Customer Invoice.  Your Customer will then see the following when they review it via the Customer Portal:

Discard
Best Answer

Dear Ray,

Thanks for the answer. This is not the solution i hoped for, but it is a nice work around. I have 2 remarks

1) Why not using the timesheet cost on employee HR settings instead of having it to input again. 

2) This way of working is rather complex for field technicians they have to know exactly on what task they have to register the hours. On top if that we are using 2 tasks for the same activity.  It would be better to just use the timesheet cost and make it possible for all  employees to book time on the same task. Maybe a nice feature for v15 or v14...

Thanks anyway

Discard

Hi Bart, when you ANSWER a question, only the OP gets notified. If you want your comments to notify me, you need to click COMMENT under my answer. I just saw this today when revisiting this post. We do use the timesheet cost at v15 unless you override it on the Project.