This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hi,

I've tried many different approaches, but I just can't find a way to xpath to these buttons on res.partner.form :

I've used the browsers HTML inspector (F12) to find the name of the buttons, but maybe thats not the correct way

How can I make those buttons visible only to administrators?

My code:

<record id="edit_partner_form" model="ir.ui.view"> 
<field name="name">edit.partner.form</field> 
    <field name="model">res.partner</field> 
    <field name="inherit_id" ref="base.view_partner_form" /> 
    <field name="arch" type="xml"> 

<xpath expr="//button[@name='action_view_partner_invoices']" position="attributes"> 
            <attribute name="groups">base.group_system</attribute> 
        </xpath>
          <xpath expr="//button[@name='302']" position="attributes">              <attribute name="groups">base.group_system</attribute>          </xpath>      </field> </record>

Edit: Just found out the solution! To anyone who has the same issue in the future, there are 2 external IDs, one for each button:

<record id="edit_sales_hide_invoice_button" model="ir.ui.view">
<field name="inherit_id" ref="account.partner_view_buttons" />

<xpath expr="//button[@name='action_view_partner_invoices']" position="attributes">
</xpath>

</field>
</record>
<record id="edit_sales_hide_sale_button" model="ir.ui.view">
<field name="inherit_id" ref="sale.res_partner_view_buttons" />

<xpath expr="//button[@name='302']" position="attributes">
</xpath>

</field>
</record>

Discard
Best Answer

Hi,

If the original button is of the type action, in the user interface it will the id of the corresponding action.

Original Button in the code,

<button class="oe_stat_button" type="action" name="%(sale.act_res_partner_2_sale_order)d" 
groups="sales_team.group_sale_salesman"
icon="fa-usd">
<field string="Sales" name="sale_order_count" widget="statinfo"/>
</button>

And if you check the same from the UI, it will be show like this,

<button class="oe_stat_button" type="action" name="354" groups="sales_team.group_sale_salesman" icon="fa-usd">
<field string="Sales" name="sale_order_count" widget="statinfo"/>
</button>

So to inherit this, do like this,

<xpath expr="//button[@name='%(sale.act_res_partner_2_sale_order)d']" position="after">
</xpath>

Thanks

Discard
Author

Thanks Niyas!

Best Answer

Hello, my code is:

><data>
<recordid="account_view_bank_statement_form_inherit"model="ir.ui.view"><fieldname="name">account.view.bank.statement.form.inheritfield><fieldname="model">account.bank.statementfield><fieldname="inherit_id"ref="account.view_bank_statement_form"/><fieldname="arch"type="xml"><xpathexpr="//button[@name='button_post']"position="attributes"><attributename="groups">restrictions_for_bank_statements_and_reconciliation.group_publicar_extractos_bancariosattribute>xpath><xpathexpr="//button[@name='button_validate_or_action']"position="attributes"><attributename="groups">restrictions_for_bank_statements_and_reconciliation.group_validar_extractos_bancariosattribute>xpath>field>record>
data>odoo>

By it not hide that button, Why?

Discard