This question has been flagged
4 Replies

Hi guys. I was trying to make a script for making backups in the shell and I shreddered something. Need help now. :)

That´s what I did:

- I made a db backup with pg_dump -Fc

- I renamed the original db in the shell by using psql

- I created a new db with the original name by using createdb in the shell

- restored dumped dbdata into the new db by pg_restore -d

The funny thing was, Odoo was using the old, renamed database, not the new one with the original name.

Now we dropped the old/renamed database and odoo wants us to setup a new database instead of use the new database with the original name. The Database exists and in pgAdmin it looks identically like before that whole operation.

Of course i restarted odoo.

Thanks

Discard

Hi Martin! I've created an Odoo module that automates backups from your Odoo, without technical knowledge. If this could help you have a look at https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/public-release-automated-backup-module-82374 there are the links to the module and a full guide. Hope this can help you :)

Best Answer

Try restoring to a new db name and modifying whatever your start up script is for the new name, also check db ownership vs your script.  

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thanks. The ownership was the problem: psql -U postgres -c "ALTER DATABASE dbname OWNER TO odoo" solved the problem.
Thank you also for listing possibilities for the autobackup. I will check them.

Discard
Best Answer

Suggestion, I use to do a backup linux/debian/ubuntu package autopostgresqlbackup. This useful package will give you a copy of the daily, weekly, etc.

Discard