This question has been flagged
3 Replies

While I creating a quotation I got this issue.. Uncaught Error: [_.sprintf] expecting number but found string...

Discard
Best Answer

This is a very generic question, but there is a very specific case where this error occurs.

1. If you have 2 or fields that are declared as calculated (doc.openerp.com/6.0/developer/2_5_Objects_Fields_Methods/field_type)
  2. If you declare them as multi (i.e. you are using a single function to calculate them.
  3. In the return value, you forget to return one of these multi fields.

Basically what happens here is that some underlying functions expects a argument in the result and it is missing.

What does this mean to you? First uninstall any non standard modules that you may have installed and the gradually add them back until you hit the problem. Report back a more specific problem.

Discard
Best Answer

This issue can occur when a field of type integer gets a value of type string, typically generated from a _defaults property of a model.

If this error occurs when you first open the create form for a model, make sure your _defaults are returning appropriate value types for their fields.

Discard
Best Answer

Did you install any additional modules, or did you create (and use) your own module?

A stack-trace (the popup) is useful as well.

Sorry I am unable to fix it directly.

Discard
Author

no I didnt install anything,.