This question has been flagged
3 Replies

So I am trying to print an invoice with the xmlrpc api. I used the example from the api docs (https://doc.odoo.com/6.1/developer/12_api/#python-example) but it seems not to work.

Code:

import xmlrpclib
import time
import base64

u = '****'
pwd = '****'
db = '****'

sock_common = xmlrpclib.ServerProxy('http://*********:8069/xmlrpc/common')
uid = sock_common.login(db, u, pwd)

sock_print = xmlrpclib.ServerProxy('http://*********:8069/xmlrpc/report')
report_id = sock_print.report(db, uid, pwd, 'account.invoice', [1], {'model': 'account.invoice', 'id': 1, 'report_type': 'pdf'})

time.sleep(3);

state = False
attempt = 0

while not state:
    report = sock_print.report_get(db, uid, pwd, report_id)
    state = report['state']
    if not state:
        time.sleep(1)
        attempt += 1
    if attempt > 200:
        print 'Abort, too long delay'

pdf_string = base64.decodestring(report['result'])
pdf_file = open('/tmp/file.pdf', 'w')
pdf_file.write(pdf_string);
pdf_file.close()

Log:

2014-07-22 10:25:08,644 21122 ERROR jacob openerp.service.report: Exception: Required report does not e
xist: None
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/odoo/openerp/service/report.py", line 93, in go
    result, format = openerp.report.render_report(cr, uid, ids, object, datas, context)
  File "/home/odoo/openerp/report/__init__.py", line 40, in render_report
    return registry['ir.actions.report.xml'].render_report(cr, uid, ids, name, data, context)
  File "/home/odoo/openerp/api.py", line 204, in wrapper
    return old_api(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/odoo/openerp/addons/base/ir/ir_actions.py", line 139, in render_report
    new_report = self._lookup_report(cr, name)
  File "/home/odoo/openerp/api.py", line 204, in wrapper
    return old_api(self, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/odoo/openerp/addons/base/ir/ir_actions.py", line 131, in _lookup_report
    raise Exception, "Required report does not exist: %s" % r
Exception: Required report does not exist: None

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Discard
Best Answer

Well, the error tells you the report does not exist, so it is most likely looking for a report name that is not present in the database.

You are most likely using Odoo 8 or up (because I spotted the old_api in the stack trace) and when I search my own database, there is indeed no such report.

Try replacing the search line:

report_id = sock_print.report(db, uid, pwd, 'account.invoice', [1], {'model': 'account.invoice', 'id': 1, 'report_type': 'pdf'})
with
report_id = sock_print.report(db, uid, pwd, 'account.invoice', [1], {'model': 'account.invoice', 'id': 1, 'report_type': 'qweb-pdf'})

And see if that works. I can't check it for you now, so it is a guess.

Discard
Best Answer

The trouble is the name of the report.

"Required report does not exist: NoneTraceback (most recent call last):"

MAy you can check your report name and path line by line with print... so some debuging process must in this case.

Discard
Author Best Answer

Thank you for your answers, it helped me understand the problem better. After fooling around with erppeek and studying the source code, i've come to the conclusion that the report for account.invoice does not exist. I used account.report_invoice instead and it works like a charm!

And indeed, the report_type should be qweb-pdf. The resulting call:

report_id = sock_print.report(db, uid, pwd, 'account.report_invoice', [1], {'model': 'account.report_invoice', 'id': 1, 'report_type': 'qweb-pdf'})

Thanks again :)

Discard