This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Good morning, nice to greet you.

Could you please help me with the following question:

When a company has branches, what is the recommendation to manage said company in Odoo, through analytical accounting? Differentiate each branch through analytical accounts to identify their income and costs? Or can it be established as a multi-company?

Do you recommend the multi-company configuration to manage legally independent companies of the same business group, with separate or independent accounting and separate financial statements?

Grateful for the attention given

Cheers

Yamilet Godoy

Discard
Author
Hello Hamid, good evening.
I am very grateful for your help,
Regards.
Yamilet

Best Answer

Hi Yamilet,

as far as I could understand your case, it will be weird to handle it with Analytic Accounts; this will be used like a cost center or for budgeting and further analysis. My recommendation would be to use multi-company, if the different companies are going to use Odoo. If not, you should clarify the relations of the branches and the main company more clearly.

Besides, you can use consolidation feature if the main company would have financial relations with the branches. Or if there are sales and purchases between the entities (branches, or the main company) you can use the feature to automatically create a purchase order in company B for A as vendor if there is a Sales order in company A for B as customer.

However, since any configurations will have impacts on accounting, you'd better go for a solution when you are 100% sure that that is the right way to do it.

I hope I could help. If you want, you can share more, so maybe I can help.

Regards,

Hamid

Discard