This question has been flagged
7 Replies

On the product page, some expressions were not translated.
I wanted to translate these into German.

To do this, I exported the sale_temporal module, then I changed the missing translations with PoEdit and imported them again.

Unfortunately, these changes were not adopted?

Is this normal, or am I doing something wrong?

Greetings Andreas

Discard
Best Answer

Hii Andreas Meer,

There are two ways to achieve this.
Way 1:From the UI side.

Step 1:Go to Settings->Translations->Import Translation.
Step 2:A pop-up will open. You have to set the languages and upload your updated PO file.
Make sure that the 'Overwrite Existing Terms' option is checked. 
Step 3:Upgrade your module by going to the app list.

Way 2:From command line:

After completing of importing process of the updated PO file, upgrade your module through the command line and add '--i18n-overwrite' command along with it.

->This will overwrite existing translation terms on updating a module or importing a CSV or a PO file.

Thanks & Regards,
Email: odoo@aktivsoftware.com

Discard
Best Answer

This seems to still be an issue. Having the same trouble when trying to change translation for: l10n_din5008_document_title on odoo.sh
https://github\.com/odoo/odoo/blob/d748ca8708aa5d13737de9b78722b3755a6cdebc/addons/l10n_din5008_sale/models/sale\.py 

I\ think\ also\ here\ the\ issue\ ist\ that\ it's\ marked\ as\ a\ python\ code\ value\ in\ csv\ \(see\ last\ column:\ odoo\-python\): 
l10n_din5008_sale,code,addons/l10n_din5008_sale/models/sale.py,41,Sales Order,Verkaufsauftrag,odoo-python

Discard
Best Answer

Hi Andreas, 

generate the .pot file and overwrite the one in the module, the translation file will work in this case. 

If the term to be translated is not in the pot file, the translation is not supported.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi, has anyone solved the issue ? I tried today 03/06/2023 on https://runbot.odoo.com/  on both version CE and Enterprise and the issue is still there. The import of translation files is not working. 

Discard
Best Answer

Hi evrybody,

To confirm that  Import Translation does not work at all on Odoo 16 latest version (30 of March 2023) as pointed out by Andreas.

There is no way to update module translations.

Those process was quite easy on Odoo 15, never issued.

Could someone explain techical reasons for this issue?

Thank you

Discard
Author Best Answer

Hello

Thank you, but I know that. The problem is that the import does not work. Have selected the correct language, language code and that it should be overwritten.

No change.

Greetings andreas

Discard
Best Answer

1. locate from which view are those terms, locate it in views list in Settings part.

2. via "show metadata" of the view locate whole xml path, first part of the ID before dot is name of the module, 

3. export this module, translate and upload 

4. let me know if it worked :)

Discard